This Page

has been moved to new address

Why We Hate Social Media... the tale of "her"

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
body { background:#000; margin:0; padding:40px 20px; font:x-small "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-Serif; text-align:center; color:#ccc; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } a:link { color:#9ad; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#a7a; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#ad9; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #333; } } @media handheld { #header { width:90%; } } #blog-title { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:20px 20px .25em; border:1px solid #222; border-width:1px 1px 0; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; color:#ccc; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; } #blog-title a { color:#ccc; text-decoration:none; } #blog-title a:hover { color:#ad9; } #description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 20px; border:1px solid #222; border-width:0 1px 1px; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Content ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #content { width:660px; margin:0 auto; padding:0; text-align:left; } #main { width:410px; float:left; } #sidebar { width:220px; float:right; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:bold 78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } } @media handheld { .date-header { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } .post { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } } .post-title { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; line-height:1.4em; color:#ad9; } .post-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#ad9; } .post-title a:hover { color:#fff; } .post div { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } p.post-footer { margin:-.25em 0 0; color:#333; } .post-footer em, .comment-link { font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .post-footer em { font-style:normal; color:#777; margin-right:.6em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } #comments h4 strong { font-size:130%; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block dt { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block dd { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block dd.comment-timestamp { margin:-.25em 0 2em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block dd p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ #sidebar ul { margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; list-style:none; } #sidebar li { margin:0; padding:0 0 .25em 15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } #sidebar p { color:#999; line-height:1.5em; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ #profile-container { margin:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-img { display:inline; } .profile-img img { float:left; padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; margin:0 8px 3px 0; } .profile-data { margin:0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .profile-data strong { display:none; } .profile-textblock { margin:0 0 .5em; } .profile-link { margin:0; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; } #footer hr { display:none; } #footer p { margin:0; padding-top:15px; font:78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { }

Friday, July 3, 2009

Why We Hate Social Media... the tale of "her"


A tale of Social Media by G:

1. Social Media is New: Have you ever seen a new person come into "your business" or the company you have been working for and just soar? I mean, here she comes strutting her stuff in MY place, an area I have worked for years and years. She looks HOT! But I would never say because she competes with everything I know and have been trained to think. So I am predjudiced. Mr. Web Designer and Mr. Code Man both say they know her somewhat, but those are vague terms that "they" say about anything that looks good. She is fast, friendly, and boy does she get the job done! Her name is Social Media... our newest staff member.

2. Social Media is Fast: And I really thought that I was good, lol. In the time it takes me to make a few good contacts; she had made hundreds and thousands. Not fair! I have paid my dues, learned what they taught me, and this bitch goes speeding right on by. What is going on? Suddenly everyone feels the "need for speed" and I am falling behind just watching her work it. She doesn't even really pick up the phone and make that traditional human "one on one" contact. This can't be!

3. Social Media is Broad: I had a nice client base set up, I followed up on them regularly, and here she comes bringing in people from all over the world, capturing them as prospects, and her human team is converting them to clients in record time. Wow! I really thought I had a vision before I met her. She is like SuperWoman to me.

4. Social Media is Proven: It took me so long to prove myself to my people, my company, my boss, and my corporation. She comes on the scene and is promoted in weeks! How dare she prove her effectiveness!!! I know there are some minor issues with her, maybe; but she picks up so quick, we dare not feast on them. I am just waiting for the day she messes up big and even her clients will come running to me. I kinda know this day will never come to pass, but it sounds good... at least to me and my group of friends. She laughs and lovingly calls all of us "Haters". I leave work and she stays, happily working away. I go home, think about her for a few hours, and go to sleep mad once again. I wake up with only "her" on my mind. As much as I'd hate to say it; she has proven herself to me.

4. Social Media Is: Finally, I step back and make peace and friends with the Lady that is leading the way. She is so so fine! She networks, she connects, she reaches, she exhibits impartiality, she attracts, she consummates. I think I am falling for her. I spend some time with her... we flirt, we work, we play, we start doing things together. Soon we speak of each other as a team... "us!". We are One!

Today, I admit that I am in love with Social Media & damn proud of it. She is my teammate; working and bonded together forever. Yes! If she would let me put a ring on her finger I would; and then scream uncontrollably... "I Do!". Social Media, I love you!!!


p.s. See You Soon Baby Doll!

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Fantasy Knuckleheads said...

And she is a "She" .. we are from Mars and she is from Venus.. haha =)

Bigkill.com

July 9, 2009 at 12:31 AM  
Blogger Susie Blackmon said...

Hi Gary!!
Miss seeing you!
XO
Susie

February 21, 2010 at 11:26 AM  
Blogger Mrs Millers Apple Cake said...

Hi Gary..great article..yur doing well..I say marry her! :))
XO
Susan

October 15, 2010 at 8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home